Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's day & Shoes.

Yuya bought me a pair of pretty running shoes last Valentine's Day because we thought it's gonna encourage me to go for runs together in the evening more often. I don't own many pairs of shoes because I have small feet and it's hard to find the ideal pair of shoes I wanted with all the stupid anal criteria I have for one.


Often, I like the design of men's shoes and they are never in my size. Sometimes, it's not comfortable enough and I seriously love walking too much to wear something that sacrifices my indulgence in long strolls.


I search for the right shoes like as if I am searching for Mr Right and when I find the perfect pair of shoes in my eyes, I will wear it to death. I will wear it for years until it badly needs to retire from its shoes job or if someone threaten to disown me as a friend if I'm seen on the street with the dilapidated shoes on.


The Chinese believes that one should never buy shoes for their partners because it will lead to your partner running away from you in the future and in order to break this curse, you need to return a schilling or 2 to your partner so there's some sort of transaction going on in between and maybe some kind of shoe devil will consider it as a purchase instead.


I gave Yuya some schilling again just last Christmas because he bought me a pair of beautiful native Peru shoes for Christmas when we were traveling in Japan. I love it a lot but I think I'm gonna wear it to death again and make its duty in this universe worthwhile. :)


This Valentine's, we came to a decision that I will be buying him shoes again because he never really has a pair of proper running shoes all along as he says he has everything he needs already. There's so much shoes transaction going on between us and if there's any "running away curse" going on, we would have enough to run away a few times and run right back to! :)


My own Valentine's gift will be very Etsy involved this year and just imagine my pleasant surprise when the idea came entirely from him instead because that means he has been thinking really hard into getting me something that I did not even realise I wanted a lot until he told me his idea.


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy I love those Peruvian shoes. They look like nice rugged, hiking boots. So lovely.
    -Bunnigea (from Etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet thoughtfulness of your Yuya and a very lovely pair of shoes indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete