Monday, September 5, 2011

March. April. May. June. July. August. September




I thought it would be great to pick one main thing that I want to remember each month from these MIA months. :)


MARCH 2011.

The last month in our little rented nest. Spent the last few weeks packing, walking around the neighborhood and doing the regular things we did before they all becomes little " we used to" memories. We loved our monthly, sometimes weekly night walks by the Kallang river talking about dreams and nonsenses.


Walking, dreams and nonsenses

Like little hives we humans come back to

Whimsical window grills

APRIL 2011.

We moved out. We will miss the old place but by the last 2 weeks, we can't wait to move on. It's time for a new chapter before the next new chapter. Hmm..that's life.


Empty rented lorry carrying good friends to help :)

New space, same stuffs :)

MAY 2011.

Djembe Drum Camp at Pulau Ubin Island. My third year going for the djembe camp. My favorite one among the three. I'm not a great player but it's nice to know inside, I'm a much better player compare to 3 years ago and it's still a joy to play together with a community. Another priceless joy of life. :)


...and I also love this poster I design :)


JUNE 2011.

One year ago, I set up my Etsy shop to share my handmade crafts with the world just for the fun of it. It's a little space I appreciate away from work and everything else. I feel this little virtual space is a nice, cool little hideaway and it belongs wholly, entirely to me. I can play with colors, materials, ideas and see my ability to create happy handmades.


Still clueless about the wonder of web sometimes but I learnt a lot from this online shop in this one year. One of the best thing about it is that it makes me realise that somewhere near or far across the ocean, somewhere in another continent, in another time zone, there's someone looking at my craft in my little virtual space and thinking what I create is awesome. This satisfaction is priceless. :)



JULY 2011.

Yuya's family came to Singapore for the first time. Kind of nervous to host them for the first time here in my homeland but I would love to think I did quite good in the end. I think they enjoyed their trip here. :)


A pity I'm still rubbish at speaking Japanese.


I love, love these 2 pictures!

AUGUST 2011.

Ian left the company after working 14 years here. I'm so used to having him around. He is like a big brother who I can relay on for good advices and stupid jokes. For years,we feed each other gossips and great music in the studio while we work.


Will miss him but like we always say, things happen for a reason. Good or not, changes of ANY kind are always good changes, no matter how you look at it. That's life.


My all time favorite picture of Ian & I

September 2011.

September is a new chapter in so many ways. I need growth but I want to stay true to myself. I know I can get to where I want to be if I want them bad enough. I just need to stay passionate and have the discipline I need without making it feels like a chore.


There again, my love-hate relationship with systems and discipline.


Anyway, this entry is probably my way of putting things behind where they are supposed to be and move on.

From here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment